Pages

Friday, January 4, 2013

Stock Investing: Almost A Year Later


My stock portfolio a year later.


One of my goals for this year is to save more. I haven’t been totally honest with you because I have already been saving religiously since last year. However, I feel that there is a need for me to save more since I am not getting any younger.

I have been using different investment vehicles aside from the regular savings account and time deposits and  joining the  stock market is one of the best investments that I have made.  I started stock investing since March last year (2012) and I must say that I am quite happy with the stock market’s performance. After almost a year later, my investment  grew by up to 13%. I probably have a lot to thank for the bull economy that the Philippines is experiencing now and although my dollar earnings in PayPal is a bit low, my stock portfolio still gives me a reason to smile nonetheless (and there’s also my mutual funds and UITFs).

Right now I have enrolled in an easy investment plan (EIP) from my broker to purchase several stocks monthly and I was able to invest insurmountable sum already.  This year, I plan to reach my 60K benchmark as part of my annual goals. I have a long term goal to invest 300,000PhP in the stock market within the next 10 years and leave the money untouched for another ten years for bigger capital gains.The gains will be used to fund for my retirement as well as for my daughter’s education.  

Stock investing for almost a year has made me more knowledgeable about the stock market. I will not say that I am almost becoming an expert in this field as I am trying to learn more information still but I am quite confident that I can share some tips to anyone who wants to start investing on stocks for the first time and this is the reason why I have been stalling this post for so many months because I don’t want to  impose what little knowledge that I have to anyone. Questions? Anyone?  Stay tuned for more investment tips in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd like to know what you think.