Pages

Saturday, December 14, 2013

Chocolate Crinkles


Chocolate crinkles are my all-time favorites. I remembered how I used to buy them in packs from our local bakeshop at the corner of our neighborhood. Now that I am a full-time mom working at home as a freelancer, I have  some time to spare making this homemade goodness for my daughter to take to school (and also for the adults to munch on during afternoon coffee). Making them is easy but it requires several hours to cool the mixture so that it can easily take its wrinkled look.

Chocolate Crinkles

8 oz semisweet chocolate
4tbsp softened butter
2 eggs
½ cup white sugar
2 tsp vanilla
1 ½ cups flour
½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
confectioners sugar for dusting

Melt butter and chocolate in a bowl. Set aside and let it cool. In another  bowl, beat together  eggs and sugar until it turns fluffy and light in color. It usually takes three (3) to five (5) minutes to achieve this consistency. Beat in vanilla and add the cooled chocolate mixture.

On a separate bowl, mix the dry ingredients  and add it to the chocolate mixture. Mix well and put inside the fridge for an hour or overnight. After the mixture has already been chilled, roll it into balls and coat it with the confectioners sugar.

Preheat the oven to 350-Fahrenheit or 170-Celsius. Line the bottom of the cookie sheet with baking paper and arrange the cookie balls.  Make sure that you leave enough space for the balls to flatten out. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Let them cool  but  I doubt if you can wait for them to cool down. Happy munching.

Note: The cookies will naturally flatten once in the even so you don't need to press them anymore. I did press them the first time I made them and they looked like tiny paper-thin crepes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd like to know what you think.