Pages

Thursday, January 9, 2014

Rocky Road Bars


 I ought to change the name of this blog into Chocolate Homemakers since most of my posts are all about chocolate goodies. The thing is that I really love chocolates and as I have yet to devise a way to include chocolates in savory dishes, I have to content on making chocolate sweets for now. Anyway, here’s another chocolate goodness recipe that you will surely enjoy.


This recipe is just a fancy name of brownies. It is called such because it resembles a dirt road. If you were to ask me, I’d lick on dirt roads anytime if they are made with chocolates. Haha! Making this recipe is so easy and you don’t need a lot of skills nor elbow to perfect this recipe. You can also add a lot of things in this recipe and, in my case, that would be more chocolates.


Rocky Road Bars

1 cup butter
2 cups white sugar
1/3 cup cocoa powder
4 eggs
1 ½ cups flour
1 tsp salt
2 tsp vanilla

Preheat the oven to 350-degrees Fahrenheit or 177-degrees Celsius.

Cream the butter and sugar using a wire whisk until well blended and until the mixture turns light. This can be achieved by continually mixing both ingredients for two (2) to three (3) minutes.

Add the eggs and cocoa powder gradually to the sugar and cream mixture. Mix until well blended. Add the remaining ingredients and blend well.

Line an 8”x9”x1.5” baking pan with parchment paper and pour the mixture. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
Let it cool on a wire rack. While it is cooling, melt white chocolate and pipe it generously on top of the brownies.

I have been cooking a lot of chocolate cookies lately and this is my favorite recipe of all time. I am just careful about eating too much of it for fear that diabetes might come early. Anyway, I hope you enjoy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd like to know what you think.