Pages

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Philhealth's 50% Discount To Individual-Paying Members


Yes, I pay for my own HMO but I still pay for Philhealth just in case. Just today, I paid my Philhealth contribution and I was greeted with both bad and good news. The bad news is starting July (2012), Philhealth's premium will be 200PhP. Do not worry though because the good news is that Philhealth will be giving 50% discounts to those who pay early for their premiums. I just got a brochure today (the one above) and I guess it is self-explanatory. Currently, I am paying 1,200PhP yearly but if the increase will be imposed a month from now, this means that I need to pay 200 monthly starting July . However, if I pay for my premiums for the whole year of 2012 and 2013 before the 1st day of July, I can avail of the 50% discount. This will give me a lot of time to save for 2014. I guess paying early will do me a lot of good.  This is indeed good news to a lot of freelancers like me. Unfortunately, this is only available to individual-paying members and people who are employed cannot apply for this.

UPDATE:

August 7, 2012- I just went to Philhealth today and I was informed that the deadline for advance payment of premiums for the year 2013 has been extended until this month. The last day of filing for discounted premiums is on August 31, 2012. This is a good opportunity for self-paying members to enjoy the benefits of Philhealth  and, at the same time, save money on paying their premiums.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd like to know what you think.