Pages

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Supermom Edition: DIY Stained Glass Wall Hanging Made From Leftover Glass

As promised, I will keep this blog alive from now on. Recently, I have been doing a lot of things related to decorating the house using DIY ideas. You see, I simply cannot afford to buy pre-made decorative pieces and I don't want to make the house look like something mass-produced from a factory. So I am posting here the latest project that I did as part of our year-long DIY project. 

When our mother died last year, we have her gravestone changed into those fancy marble  nameplates. We also crafted a glass case to protect the gravestone but the glassmaker created two glass cases and so we kept the other one at home just in case.  While it was collecting dust under the bed, I have decided to turn into a wall hanging. You might say its unorthodox to use my mom’s gravestone glass case as a wall hanging but I say its practical.

For this project, you will need the following materials:
  • Glass
  • Acrylic paint
  • Glue
  • Paint brush
  • Masking tape
  • Lots of patience
Safety first! Seal the edges of the glass with a masking tape.




Mix black acrylic paint to glue. Mix well. This will serve as the borders of your design to create the stained glass look. Make the design and use the glue to draw on the glass.  Let the glue dry over night before proceeding to the next step.




Using colored acrylic paint, paint the glass to create your stained glass wall hanging. Let it dry for several hours.



Frame it and hang it on your wall. I’m planning to put mine in the bathroom. The best thing about this project is that you can erase the painting and replace it with a new one.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd like to know what you think.