Pages

Sunday, November 25, 2012

How Being Religious Can Help You Financially

I just had a thought after attending the regular Sunday mass yesterday and I want to share my thoughts. By the way, I hope you have a great morning today.

When it comes to money talk, some people do not mix the topic with religion. As far as I know, I was raised with the thinking that money is the root of all evil and that those who posses a lot of money are engulfed by greed and possess a one-way ticket to hell. Perhaps this is the reason why I was contented of not having enough. Yes, I feared money because I know that if I have lots of it, money will have power over me.

In fact, wealth and religion is always believed to be inversely related. Thus said, the more money people have, the lesser religious values they have.Probably this is the reason why many rich moguls around the world are agnostic or  atheists.  So can being religious help you financially?

I have read somewhere about money and religion that changed my views about financial success and faith.  It was inspiring to know that author did not condemn money as long as you let money work for you and not the other way around. There are also lots of religious people who have amassed millions who donate to charitable institutions to help those who are less fortunate. Examples are Sam Walton and Dave Thomas who founded Walmart’s and Wendy’s respectively.

On another note, I have to agree that being religious can help you financially. Most faith influence people when it comes to managing their resources. In fact, this is the reason why successful people invoke their religion when it comes to money. There is nothing wrong with having  lots of money and still keeping your religious values. What makes it wrong is that when you do not used wisely. One part aspect of following the teachings of religion is to give your tithes which me and my daughter calls Jesus' money. Tithing, no matter how small teaches us humility. Moreover, it teaches us discipline. Personally for me, I always include my tithe when I budget my money. Although times can be tough, I still make sure that I give out at 10% of what I earn. Yes, 10% can be too much especially if you have a lot of bills that you need to pay for  but I always notice that the more I give, the more I get in return. I also noticed that I don’t spend too much on unnecessary stuffs because I know that there are still more people who live their lives without any luxuries. I am not the best person to talk about religion and finances but this is just a personal thought though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd like to know what you think.