Pages

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Crocheting Totoro: A Hobby Born Out Of Boredom

Totoro in the garden
 It has been more than two months the last time I updated this blog. My daughter just started attending the big school last month and I was so busy playing nanny. I know I ought to have left her at school all by herself but the stage mom in me just felt restless leaving her at school and so I decided that I should accompany her everyday for a month or two until she can settle down on her own.

Every weekdays, I stay near her school  together with the other  kids’ mommies. The first few days were okay.  I was able to find a group of parents whose kids also belong to the same class as my daughter’s. From 8:00 am until 3:30 pm, we did nothing but talk about trivial things but as the days pass by, we seemed to have exhausted all of our topics that we found ourselves venturing to some other things. This started the most unproductive days of my entire life! I decided to read a book but the long hours allowed me to finish the book within the day. As I was running out of new books to read, I decided to try out another thing to keep me busy at school.  I decided to  learn how to crochet.

My first crocheting projects where bow ties for my daughter’s hair. It was fun but I soon made a lot of bow ties that I decided to take up a more complicated project that will take most of my time in school. This is the reason why I ambitiously decided to crochet Totoro as I am a big fan of this Ghibli creature. It took me four weeks to finish everything as I have to redo it all the time.  If you want to know how I made it, send me a comment and I’ll gladly share the steps in my future posts. For now, here are some pictures of crochet Totoro.


Aw! Ain't he cute?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd like to know what you think.