Pages

Saturday, September 27, 2014

My Hydrangea Is About To Bloom

My potted (literally on a pot) hydrangea
I am a big fan of hydrangeas which is also called million flowers or milflores by many people. I chanced upon a flower vendor outside the entrance of a large shopping mall in Uyanguren Street selling different kinds of plants including hydrangeas. 

I was at first hesitant to buy it because I am not sure if it will blossom in the kind of weather that Davao City. I testily told him maybe he grew it in the boondocks where the temperature is colder but he insisted that he grew it in the city and that his garden is just near the shopping mall. 

He was really bent on selling me the plant and he kept on pushing me to buy two of them but I declined and only bought one. The thing is, I have never seen a hydrangea successfully growing in the hot lowland regions in the Philippines but I could be wrong with my assumptions. 

Moreover,  I have doubts whether this plant will bloom anyway considering that most literature indicated that it prefers colder temperatures. However, I was so hooked on the idea of owning my very own potted hydrangea that I was willing to be conned. 
Small flowers peeking through the leaves!
I can't wait for them to turn blue.
Now, I regretted for my prejudice against the plant vendor for thinking that he is a conman because my hydrangea plant is about to bloom. If I can see him again during my next visit in that mall, I'll definitely buy potted plants from him and I hope he still has several hydrangeas. This is one of the ways that I can make up to him for thinking something bad about him. Well, he really doesn't know about  it but this is just my excuse to buying more plants. Haha!

1 comment:

I'd like to know what you think.