Pages

Monday, July 16, 2012

We Just Embarked On A Year-Long DIY Decorating Project


In one of my posts for the month of June, I talked about home renovation and how to save money. Little did I know that the house repairs are not yet completely over. Right now, we are sorting things inside the house that we realized that there are still so many things that need to be done. Moreover, since the house has more space now, one of our biggest problem is to look for furniture so that the house will not look too barren.

Unfortunately, we went overboard with our budget during the house repair so we don’t have any money left to buy new furniture and accessories. Honestly, I get constant headaches on how to make the house  look acceptable without spending too much. On the other hand,  I don’t want to apply for a loan because it will put me in an even greater debt than I can already afford to pay. As me and my sister were brainstorming ideas, we came up with the plan to decorate the house without a budget. How?  By using excess materials left by the contractors. Of course, this will require manual labor but we are willing to share our physical strengths to completely decorate the house DIY style. We have just started last week and we still have a long way to go before this project will be finished. I’ll surely update you on some of the things that we have made so far and hopefully this will inspire you to also do DIY home decorating. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd like to know what you think.