Pages

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

On New Year's Resolutions

This is the actual list of my New Year's resolution

I realized that the last week of the year will soon be over and I still have a lot of things to finish before the year ends. And so, I am now experiencing my usual year-end cramming. I ought to change this behavior since the beginning of this year. In fact, I included time management in my last year's New Year's resolution but I was only able to live up to my resolutions for a few months. I don't think that I am the only person who has troubles keeping up with resolutions and so I plan to approach the whole thing differently.

Interestingly enough, a study conducted by Richard Wisemen from Bristol University to 3,000 people showed that 88% of the research subjects failed to carry out their resolutions. Although this study was done among Caucasians, the same situation is also evident among Filipino people (though I am not quite sure if there are any statistics).

Resolutions, for most people,  are just empty promises. Thus by keeping a resolution, you are expected to fail (that I am quite certain). Unfortunately, a lot of people including me take it half-heartedly so we are bound to fail when it comes to making resolutions. This time, I'd like to look at them as achievable goals although #5 is somehow questionable whether I have enough determination to do it or not. 

Since I will consider my resolutions as goals, they should be measurable and should be achievable within a specified time frame. In my case, I plan to do all five within the following 365 days. So how will I achieve these things? I'll find a way and I'll let you know about them. Today is the 27th so I only have four days to start my goals. Wish me luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd like to know what you think.